Wednesday 8 January 2014

Glowing pregnancy my ass

It beats the crap out of me why people seem to associate pregnancy with glow. There is nothing glowy like in pregnancy.

Today, after 12 years together, i had to get my husband to literally - and I mean quite literally - carry me out of bed. I woke up in excruciating pain with muscle cramps in my legs. I could not move the legs and i was too sleepy to explain what was going on. So this guy has to deal with a shouting woman at 6 am, who has her legs bent at 45 degrees and cannot move them in either direction and is screaming - and yeah, it was screaming - in pain. Took me over half an hour to be able to stand. He had to extend my legs and put them on the floor, and take my arms and lift me. Crucially this happens when i have an early call with a very important client - which i clearly did not make it to the office on time to do, and had to do from home. Thankfully the client has 5 kids and they were all shouting in the background ( it was past dinner time for them), and thankfully as well my cats were fairly quiet in my house.

Yesterday i was dying to go to the loo for a wee-wee. By the time i made it to the loo and peeled all the layers i had to be able to reach my ass and sit on the freaking loo, I swear to God I was to tired to pee. And then  - yes and then - i had to put all this crap back again so that I could walk back to my desk and resume working.

"Ah, but the joy of having children", some men say. My ass, I say. You should be able to buy them off the shelf at two years old, already potty trained. Want a kid? go carry it yourself, men. Thats what i wish to you all....


No comments:

Post a Comment