Friday 8 November 2013

What's different?


I bumped into my friend Maggie the other day, and she did come up with this really heavy question: "Do you notice any difference now that you are pregnant?". I found the question amusing, to say the least. After all, Maggie has had two kids (who are wonderfully good kids by the way) but she herself confessed she was sick for 9 months whilst she carried each of them. And by sick i mean she puked all over the place.

I am very grateful that i have not been sick. I mean SUPER GRATEFUL.

But going back to the hot potato - what do I notice has changed... Well let me tell you, if you ever see me with a black eye, it was not that my husband has hit me, but rather that i forgot to wear a bra whilst sleeping. THAT, my friend, is what has bloody changed. I don't have boobs anymore - they have formally transitioned to become dumbells, ginormous, weapons of mass destruction.

And when i went to the special gigantic boob bra store the other day, and had a fitting, i was scared when i looked at the specimen the shop assistant had brought me - "no fucking way, that's not a bra, thats a straight jacket!" Unfortunately it wasn't even large enough and i nearly cried. To which the lovely lady had to explain that so many people would pay big money to get knockers as big as these....

Ah well, there it goes for dignity in pregnancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment